Sunday, September 7, 2008

Starting out

We are new to this blogging world.... We (or more precisely, I am an avid reader of a few blogs) and thought that we could start one for ourselves. Let me start with a quick intro of our family.

David (31)..... He is the man of the house. He is a great guy, with a good heart, and a great provider for his little bunch. He works hard right now in construction, and on the side, uses his semi-hidden talent in drafting and designing house plans.
Valerie (26).... I am the "mommy" of the house. I am a stay at home mom to my five little monkeys. My interests are decorating, organizing (although my house will claim otherwise) and of course, kids! I will be the author of probably 99% of these posts, just so you all know.


Valerie and David; taken Aug 2008 on our Alaskan Cruise

Now for our kids:

Nathan (6).... He is the oldest of our children. He has such a great little personality, with lots of maturity for his age. He is super smart, great memory, and wears all his feelings on his sleeve. He is a really good big brother and an incredible helper for his mommy.
Aubrey (4)..... She is our second child and first girl of the kids. She is quite the personality. She is a tornado, with more energy and attitude then should be legal!! LOL. She is the independent thinker of our bunch, and is as stubborn as her mother. =) She loves the role of little mommy and is a great helper with all her siblings.

Emily (3)..... Here is our #3. She is such a sweet little spirit with a willing heart. She also wears her feelings on her sleeve, but they are more gushing. (she is a girl...need I say more??) She is in the stage now that she is beginning to show some attitude, and surprising us all with her outbursts. She tends to obey, and loves to pick up toys....
Betsy (21 months)...... Betsy is our forth baby and third girl. She is the most beautiful thing ever, and is the only one of our bunch that resembles her daddy. She is an independent little girl, and is constantly reminding us of her big sister Aubrey =). She has such a genuine smile, and a happy personality.

Jay (8 1/2 months).... He is the last of our tribe. Our second boy, and our LAST baby. It is hard to see him grow up, knowing that he is the last.... He is a handsome little guy with piercing blue eyes and strawberry blond hair. He is happy and content, and is scooting/army crawling everywhere these days.

Emily, Nathan, Jay, Aubrey, and Betsy (Taken July 2008)



And lest we forget: Max (Puppy; half dachshund/ half pug)..... Cute little dog. Likes to bite and play. We brought him home about 6 weeks ago. He is a patient little thing, and generally well behaved.

Well, that is us. We are living right now in Snowflake Arizona (NE Arizona, above the rim) It is a great small town, with lots of family around. Everyone knows everyone.... Great Mormon town.

I have tons of ideas for posts and they will all eventually happen, but please be patient with me, for as I said, I am a new blogger. There are always interesting things going on in my house full of young kids... so now all I have to do is get my digital camera up and running again (it gave up the ghost a few weeks back) , or maybe go out a buy a new one =)!! More to come....

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Hooray Valerie! I am SO excited that you have a blog. First of all, look at you...the mother of FIVE...you look like you did when we were running around Ivyglen Street! When did we grow up? Secondly, your kiddos are SO cute. In this picture, Emily looks like your clone! So cute. I am so excited to get to know them all better. You are an amazing woman to be raising five kids so close together...I never knew you had it in you! :o) I can wait to read all your tales; I'll be checking back often.

Stacie said...

Oops! I meant I CAN'T wait to read all your tales. I want to hear about the Alaskan cruise too!