Monday, December 8, 2008

The Christmas Spectacular

Last week was pretty busy with rehearsals, performances, and other random things like tithing settlement. That CrAzY week is over, and now on to this week. Nathan has a dentist appointment this afternoon, and I have a laundry pile the size of Mount Everest waiting to be done... Marcie, you are welcome over anytime to do my laundry! =) It has lost its "joy" factor already. Tonight we are finally getting some more work done on the kitchen. We got all the bottom cabinets strengthened and re-built, and now we are ready to install them. I am pretty happy about that. We are headed up to Home Depot on Tuesday night to get the counter tops, and then my kitchen will be at a pretty good stopping place for a bit. The floor will still need to be tiled and some touch-up painting needs done on the walls and cabinets, but at least I will have a functioning kitchen yet again!!!!


So here are a few shots of little ol' me, way overdone, and ready for performance. Yikes! check out those RED lips, and wild hair! Yeah, there was about a half a bottle of hairspray in that ratted mess. It took three washings to get it clean again. I am glad to be back to my normal amounts of makeup and calm hairstyles.

I know that last shot is bad, but it is of us actually on stage, and taken from probably about 15 rows back. Doing that kind of stuff is so much fun! I really had a great time, and hope more opportunities like that come again. One of my bigger regrets is that I didn't take the chance of being in high school plays and musicals and continuing my voice, piano and dance lessons. I would have loved it! I had my priorities WAY off. Oh well, hind site is 20/20. I plan on doing more of this type of stuff after Jay has made it to kindergarten, so in about 4 or 5 years. It will be a good thing for me. I have found a new joy in music. I have always loved music, but the more I find myself practicing and performing, the better I love it!

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

How fun. You look adorable by the way. Wish I could have watched you. I too wish I had done a few things differently. I would have taken dance, voice, piano on and on and on. Oh well now I know I can make my kids do that stuff.

Christine said...

You do look so cute! Glad you're enjoying your Christmas season. :) And I'm glad to hear your washer is going again, even if it isn't always a joyful thing. I still don't have a working dryer. It's been out for a while.
Hey, I need your address so I can send y'all a Christmas card. Can you please send it to me? Here's my email: burkfamily1@yahoo.com.
Thank you so much!
Christine