Sunday, December 28, 2008

More December happenings.....

Lots of things going on that I need to cover before I forget! Here, finally is a picture from Nathan's First grade Christmas Program at school. Horrible angle, and very close zoom, yes, but it is the best I have! It was a super crowded room, and this was as close as I could squeeze in. Nathan is in the blue long sleeve shirt. He practiced hard for his line in the program, and did great! He sure loves school. He is pretty bummed that he has another week without school, and that he is stuck at home again. I know that his enthusiasm for school will probably diminish, but it is nice to know that he loves learning, at least for now. He impresses me with his reading, addition and subtraction skills that he is now learning at school. He is one smart little boy. We attended the Snowflake 2nd Ward Christmas Party on the 19th, where we were treated with a visit from Santa Claus! It just happened to be Emily's 4th birthday, so she had a great time telling Santa it was her birthday and that she was four! Betsy was scared to death of that jolly ol' elf.=) It was a fun night overall, talking and visiting with members of the ward. The kids ran wild and loved it!

We finally got our Christmas tree up this year, less then a week before Christmas, but hey, it got up, and looks pretty good. All fragile ornaments on top, and soft childproof ones on bottom. At least twice a day I am re-decorating my tree. Betsy and Jay seem to love taking ornaments off the tree and I have already lost two or three to the dog's clutches! One day my tree will be left alone. Oh well....

On to the Christmas gatherings and gift exchanges... We traveled down to Mesa for a super quick trip, and to have our annual poem readings on the 21st after church. We read "Jest fer Christmas" and "Twas the Night Before Christmas", and have for at least two or three generations. Here is my dad reading to all the grand kids, with my Grandma and Grandpa Barton (his parents) in the background. It was a great little trip but happened way too fast! Maybe the next one will last longer and I will actually get to see and visit with my family! It was great to see my Gramoose and Grandpa Barton. I realize more and more how much I love them.

Two nights before Christmas we met over at the Peterson's and had a fun night with a nativity scene, a great meal, and a gift exchange. Nathan was Joseph, Aubrey was Mary, Emily was a wise man, Betsy was a shepherd, and Jay was Baby Jesus. Cousins May and Ellen were an angel and a lamb. Super cute, and the kids did a really good job- even Jay. =)

*****And on to some very good news, and a fun Christmas present of sorts.... Davids brother, Ben and his wife Amy had there baby! On December 24th, Hyrum Fredrick Peterson was born. He is 7 lbs 10 oz, with dark blond hair, blue eyes and a Pew chin! No picture yet, sorry! CONGRATULATIONS Amy and Ben!! We love you already Hyrum, and I can't wait to meet you, and hug you tight!!*****

Here are the kids after church today, in their new Christmas duds. Pretty cute, huh? Look how old my Jay is looking, especially after his first haircut! Speaking of church, today went incredibly well. After a nightmare of a Sacrament Meeting last week (I am not kidding, just ask anyone in our ward), David and I set up seating assignments, where all of the kids are separate and able to be hushed at a moments notice by mom or dad. It goes, Nathan, against the wall, David holding Jay, Emily in between, me holding Betsy, and Aubrey at the end of the bench on the aisle. I can't believe we hadn't tried this one before! And just in case we are not the only ones out there wrestling multiple kids all through Sacrament Meeting, that hadn't thought of this ingenious idea, try it! The kids got restless after about 45 minutes, which is understandable, but, wow, what a great meeting, idea, and future plan for the Peterson bench at church. And along with other church related news, we are looking forward to next week.... our meeting time is changing from 9am to 11am. It will be heaven. We may actually show up on time...we shall see....

Kitchen news! My counter tops are installed, sink in, and dishwasher (Yes, David got me a dishwasher for Christmas!!!-what a fabulous guy) being set up as I type. The sink still needs a few things to be plumbed, but, the finish line is so close I can taste it!! I have been finally putting things away in there designated spots. I have so much more storage, and so much more space... I am lovin' it! Lots of empty cupboards at this house. I am sure I will find things to fill them... =)

Sorry this post has been so long, but I had to get everything in here before the New Year comes. Can you believe it is almost 2009?!?!? Good grief, I swear it should still be June. Time flies faster, the older I get.

3 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

How fun. It all sounds fabulous. BTW it wasn't THAT bad at church:)

Mel's Family said...

I am so excited for you to get a dishwasher...something I haven't had for about 6 years. (when I grow up I am getting one for sure!)
I cant' wait for a tour of your kitchen when I come over to VT you. Sounds like Christmas was fun for the Pererson's.

Mel's Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.