Saturday, December 20, 2008

My first super hero

I just overheard a conversation between Nathan and David that I have to write down before it becomes distant memory. David is outside painting some peices of wood for the kitchen, and Nathan who is also outside playing ran up to him and said:

Nathan: "Daddy, do you know who the first super hero I ever knew is?"

David: "Who?"

Nathan: "Jesus. And the second one was Superman, then Spiderman, then Batman."

David: "Jesus is a real person, and the other ones are just pretend."

Nathan: "I know. Isn't Jesus cool?"

And then he ran off and started playing again. What a wonderful kid. I am one lucky momma to have him!

1 comment:

Ben Peterson said...

What a cute story! Thanks for sharing it! Glad the kids are feeling better. We've missed calling your kids for their birthdays this month and apologize, but we have cards coming in the mail. Hope they had a fun celebration on Monday. Congrats on Jay's first steps! I can't believe he's walking! After reading your story of Emily's birth it made me a little jealous that you had contractions so early. Today is day 2 overdue and still no regular contractions! I guess my babies are all destined to come late! ~Amy