Monday, December 8, 2008

Saving the best for last!

Our Aubrey Sue is FIVE today!! She has grown so fast, and into a very beautiful girl if I say so myself. Five years ago I went my OB/GYN appointment and he told me I was at 3 cm and about 50% effaced. Then told me that she would be born within the next couple days..... Sounds great, huh? Except that this happened two weeks before she was born! So I was understandably very happy, anxious, and READY! Everything was set-up, clothes washed, diapers ready...... and I waited. Thanksgiving came and went with nothing. I was getting impatient. I did everything and anything (even jumped on a trampoline) to try and progress labor.... nothing. So two weeks S L O W L Y pass, and I go in for another appointment, and he says "If this baby doesn't come by Friday (it is Tuesday), let's set you up for an induction on Saturday". I breath a sigh of relief and jokingly say, "Why not tonight?" And he looks at his watch and back at me and says, "Okay, I have nothing going tonight, I will go call the hospital now, and meet you there in an hour or so."

Yea!! But, going from no baby to baby in and hour is a bit shocking! My stress levels hit the ceiling, and I ran home as fast a possible. I Got Nathans' things packed, and him situated at grandma and grandpas house, called David at work at told him that we were having a baby, and to come home, now! We stressfully drove to the hospital in tears, and got there about three hours later. They put me on Pitosin, broke my water, and she was born just 3 hours later. She was beautiful, and is still that way today.


Aubrey is quite a personality! She is stubborn, defiant and a little spitfire, JUST LIKE ME! I love her more then anything, and can often see myself in her....she is my revenge =). BUT, I wouldn't trade her for the world. She is such a sweet, caring sister, and loves to play "mommy" with her baby dolls, and even with Betsy and Jay. She is a very independent, helpful, FUN girl. She has tons of energy and we love our sweet pea! Happy Birthday, Aubrey!

1 comment:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Happy Birthday cutie. We love Aubrey too. She is a good friend to Riley.