Monday, March 30, 2009

More snow, and other stuff too

I woke up this morning to snow falling again.... ugh! I am glad that the day has warmed up enough that the snow that did stick has melted away already. I am really antsy for SPRING... can you tell?!?! I feel like I over-blogged last week, and so I gave myself a break (and possibly my readers too, who must think I have nothing to do around here!)

We survived Spring Break and got Nathan off to school again. He was excited to be going back; he loves being at school and was particularly happy today to show his teacher all the books he had read during break. He is quite the reader, and has already polished off nearly half of the books we have on the kids bookshelf! We all suffered a bit with being sick, and am glad to be almost completely healthy again.

Notice I said "ALMOST completely". That means that mommy is still struggling with a stuffy/runny nose, and of all things a DANG cold sore. Nathan and Besty have them too. My poor kids! I feel there pain, more then I would like to admit. I have gotten cold sores as long as I can remember, and it is a plague that I have not enjoyed. Stress and being sick is what makes the flare up, and I HATE them!

Um, David returned home safely from Reavis Ranch Thursday night with some great stories and a few pretty good pictures too. I have never been to Reavis, and I swear I will go one day. I love to hike, camp and do all that outdoor-sy stuff, so I look forward to the day when the kids are all old enough to take camping, hiking and that sort of thing.

This next week is pretty busy, and I am looking forward to it. I have random/everyday stuff going like visiting teachers coming, but I am also performing a solo at the Enrichment Activity this month. It is on Thursday night and I am pretty excited. I have gotten more comfortable with singing, dancing and/or performing in front of people and only wish that I had this type of bravery and support in high school. Oh well...

So, Happy April Fools Day on Wednesday, and a very happy viewing of General Conference. I am looking forward to the messages that our leaders have for us. It should be interesting to see what the topics are... more on that later!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Have you ever taken Ly-sine for your cold sores? You get them in the vitamin section at walmart (or I'm sure other stores have it too LOL)....anyway's it helps, you can take them when you feel the cold sore coming on and it will help it to go away faster and not get quite as bad