Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wind is blowing all around....

....on the rooftops, on the ground!
And man is it ever! I don't have an exact measurment on the wind, but I bet it is pushing 40-50 MPH right now. And it hasn't let up much at all today. I usually just stay inside during days like this, but when you are out of milk, you HAVE to go to the store. Nothing quite like mac n' cheese with no milk. Yum. So after our "interesting" lunch, I loaded up 4 out of 5 of the kids (Nathan was still at school), and we went to Bashas.
Ahhh, I LOVE Bashas....because of the free kids care while you shop. So we get there, and carts are laying all over the parking lot, dirt is flying everywhere and the wind is whipping through there like no body's business. We push our way into the store only to find out the the free kids care that I love so much is closed for the afternoon! So to make a long shopping trip short, we ran through the store quicker then normal, and headed back out into the hurricane-force winds. My heck, I know the wind is just part of life here come spring, but I forget just how StRoNg it blows!!!
We got home and our storm door, that is already bent off its frame a bit from last spring, is SO bent now that it barely closes on its hinge now. We will most likely be taking it down, and not having a screen door this summer. =( That is a bummer, but that door ripped out of Aubrey's hands so fast, she didn't know what hit her (no, it didn't literally hit her). And just after a neighbor friend commented on how nice a door like that must be! (I guess I will be using a baby gate now also!)
Nothing else to report, just looking forward to and planning another trek to Heber, to that cabin that my parents rented out last fall. They have it rented out again to coincide with Mesa's 'Spring Break' (not ours). Oh well, I just feel bad for Nathan, because if he ever wanted to aspire for "Perfect Attendance", I have already shot that in the foot for him.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh man, that sucks about your door. I know that wind is bad today! We just have to remember it is blowing Spring in right??? Gosh, I hope it calms down soon!