Saturday, September 12, 2009

DISNEYLAND!!!!!

I just got back from a super fun trip to Disneyland for my 28th birthday. A few weeks back my mom called me with a wonderful idea. She wanted to take me to Disneyland on my birthday (free admission) with all my sisters! So after a bit of persuasion, David agreed to play both daddy AND mommy for a few days (bless his heart), and I took a "girls trip" to California with my mom, my sisters Heather and Heidi, and my sis-in-law, Heather. SO FUN!!!!!! It had been over 10 years since I had been and it was SO worth it. I will post pictures as soon as I find my plug-in.

MEMORIES:
*swapping seats on the way up to avoid the hot one.
*the squeaky bunk beds that Heather and I slept on.
*games and TONS of giggling
*waking up at my normal time (about 6am) and then rolling over and going back to sleep.
*the excitement of GOING TO DISNEYLAND!
*having tons of people telling me "Happy birthday, Valerie!" even though I didn't know them (I wore a big 'ol pin that said it was my birthday).
*going on Thunder Mountain at least 8 or nine times (the last time was the best!)
* randomly meeting up with some of the Higginsons and having lunch together.
*no kids!!!!!!!!!! just us girls.
*ScReAmInG my guts out.... just for fun.
*very SORE feet, legs and hip by the evening.
*fabulous fireworks and light show.
*the foot rub my mom gave all of us.
*getting carsick on the way home, and eating only a few sips of soup and saltines for lunch.
*a quiet, relaxing evening at my mom and dads before the drive home Sunday morning.

.....and tons more.

THANK YOU girls for being my sisters, my mom, and my friends. I LOVE YOU!! What a great way to spend a birthday! There will definitely be more girls trips!

3 comments:

Larry and Megan said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I am a little jealous, but glad you had a blast. We miss you all so much. Just today Jace was telling me that if I wasn't his mom and nobody wanted him then you guys could adopt him and he would be Nathan's brother! I don't know where he comes up with some things. LOL We will have to get together and let the kids play sometime soon.

Amy said...

I finally got on to read your updated blog. I'm glad you have found a way to still add to it, even if it's not at home. Glad Disneyland was fun. We hope to see you guys soon!
Love, Amy
(and the Provo Peterson Bunch)

Christine said...

It was so fun to read about your trip. I'm glad you had such a nice time. :)
Oh, and I just made my blog private, but I realized I don't have your email to invite you. If you'd like an invitation, could you please email me at burkfamily1@yahoo.com?
Have a great day!