Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What we have been up to.....

I don't want to bore everyone to death with tons of writing, so I am just going to post lots of pictures and write a little snippet about them.... HERE GOES NOTHIN'!!!!
This is a picture of my Grandma and Grandpa Barton dancing on March 27, 2010 when we had a great Barton Family Reunion/ 60th Wedding Anniversary/ 80th Birthday party for my grandpa. We drove up to St. George, Utah and I got to see aunts, uncles and cousins I hadn't seen in years. It was a wonderful time! I love my Barton family.
The end of April was a great trip for us Barton girls. We headed up to BYU for Women's Conference where we all enjoyed each others company, learned much from the spirit, and had some super late night chats!! Such a nice break, and a FUN TIME!

On May 7, 2010 our family, along with most of Davids siblings and parents drove over to Thatcher AZ and had the wonderful opportunity to walk thru the Gila Valley Temple. The kids were all EXTREMELY well behaved, and we could tell that they were touched by the spirit. The Thatcher area has very special meaning for me and David. It is where we went to college, met, dated and where I changed my perspective around and gained my testimony. I love the Thatcher area, and always feel like I am coming home when I am there, just like President Monson said.
The beginning of June was a bit crazy, but so much fun. Here is a picture of our Young Women that came to girls camp this year. We are standing behind a HUMONGOUS pile of pine needles that we raked up from around the cabin behind us. What a great time to get to know my girls better, and feel their spirits.
Just a day after girls camp, my whole family came together for our annual Heber Cabin Reunion. This pic shows many, but not all of the crew that was there. All my siblings, their spouses and kiddos, and our parents where there. Tons of fun, many games, so much good food, and memories are always made when we get together at the Heber Cabin.
In the middle of May, this little project began. Aubrey brought home 2 baby chicks from school. The idea was planted in Davids' head and thus we began our little chicken farm. At one point we had 11 of them, but now we are down to 7. Four have died (two by the dog, DUMB dog). The ones pictured here are Heart Love and Delilah, and the dark one in the background is Black Sun. No, I did not name them... that was my kids. =) Maybe we shouldn't get too attached, because we are raising them to eat eventually..... oops. Here we are at the 4th of July Parade up in Show Low this year. It was lots of fun to get to see my parents and family friends, the Larsens up from Mesa. We met up and had a nice visit at the parade and then the next day at our ward. The parade was LoNg, with Halloween amounts of candy thrown, and WAY TOO MANY politicians kissing babies, but the kids sure had fun. We also had a BBQ with some friends from our ward, and went to the Taylor Rodeo and fireworks too. I have sure learned to love a good rodeo; its in my blood.
Well, no more pictures, but still lots of things going on before school starts up again on the 11th. I swear, school is starting earlier every year. When I was a kid, it started like the 27th or so. YUCK, poor kids. Although, Nathan is super excited and has been counting down for weeks now. What can I say, he loves to learn. More to come.
I am really loving this Internet thing! =)

2 comments:

Eva said...

Yay!!! It kinda silly cause I already know whats going on with you guys for the most part, but I love reading your blog!

Stacie said...

Hooray!! I'm so glad you're back! Thanks for this report.
1. I wish I would have known you were in Utah. I was there at the same time! Though we were pretty busy, and it sounds like you were too.
2. What is your calling in YW?
3. We've been out to eat at that same restaurant in Heber, on the way to my parents' cabin. But they sold it, so no more. :(
4. August 11th is when the kids go to school?? Wow! We don't start school here for almost another month! (But we don't get out until mid-June.)
Great to hear from you, Valerie!