Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nathan's Baptism Day

On Saturday, September 4, 2010, Nathan was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a wonderful day! I am so proud of my boy! Nathan always wants to do what is right, and he wants to please others. On Saturday he formally started down the path of pleasing his Heavenly Father. The spirit was so strong and emotions ran deep as I watched David lead Nathan into the baptismal font. I was so proud of my husband for leading a worthy life that he could baptize our son. But mostly, I was SO proud of Nathan for his choice to be baptized.


So many people came for Nathans' big day. Grandma and Grandpa Barton; Grandma and Grandpa Peterson; Justin, Heather, Josh, Lili, Abi, and Lizzie Barton; Heather, Jacob, Brenan, Shaylin, and Kyen Mayhew, Heidi, Wynn, Alea, and Weston Christensen; Carl and Anna Stailey; Ben, Amy, Isaac, and Hyrum Peterson; Eva, Mathan, May, Ellen, and Thomas Tenney; Andrew Peterson. Other guests included, Melinda, Marcie, and Riley Sipes; Heidi and Wyatt Ellison; Heather, Savannah, Saige, Sierra, Summit, and Sedona Larson; Sue Smith; Carin, Saxon, Moriah, Moira, and Myraid Stradling; Robin Stuart; Deon Blaine; and Shaun Jeppeson. If I missed someone, I am sorry. I tried my hardest to remember all the faces I saw.... The room was crowded and HOT, but the program I outlined around his confirmation turned out pretty well. After Nathans' baptism and confirmation many of the crowd followed us back home where I put on a luncheon of sub sandwiches, salads, chips, veggies, etc. (THANK YOU for all who helped out!) Everyone seemed to have a good time, and plenty to eat.

For Nathans' "cake and ice cream" he decided he would rather have banana splits instead! It was a hit! Everyone got thoroughly sugared up, and many people stayed late into the night for games, and great conversation.

I loved our Saturday and am SO proud of Nathan for making his first official step back to his Father in Heaven. I hope I can be a better mother and example to him. I hope that we have taught him enough that he can now take over the reins a bit more and steer himself in the right direction. What a wonderful, happy joy Nathan has been. It has been a privilege to be his mother. I LOVE YOU NATHAN!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome! I am proud to know Nathan, he's defintily a good kid from a good family!

Stacie said...

Sounds great! I'm glad everything went well. Congratulations to Nathan, and to Mom and Dad who have taught him well.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

It was a very special day. I felt the Spirit very strong while I was there. I did shed a few tears. Maybe it was because it hit me that next year we will be doing the same thing with Riley. What a great example Nathan is to my Riley. He really thinks Nathan it great. Thank you Nathan!!

Mel's Family said...

It was a beautiful baptism. I'm so glad I was able to go. Congratulations Nathan!

Bob and Debra Barton said...

We are so proud of your good choice to be baptized. It was awsome to be there with you and the family and share in your vey special day!!