Thursday, October 14, 2010

THANKFUL THURSDAY
Today I am busy packing and cleaning for a trip to Mesa. We are all leaving tomorrow right after school gets out. I am taking full advantage of Fall Break next Monday and Tuesday, and going to see my parents and family. I am really looking forward to this mini-vacation. I always enjoy my trips back home, and REALLY enjoy the weather down there now. It is an absolutely perfect time of year in the valley.
BUT, this time is a little different. I am going with full knowledge that this will be the last time I spend quality time with my mom and daddy for over 18 months. I am so proud of my parents. Just three years ago they returned from their first 18 month mission to the Manila Philippines MTC. And just three years later they have turned in their papers to serve another mission (don't know where yet, but they requested stateside). I am SO PROUD, and super excited for them in their righteous desires! I am thankful for their willingness to up and leave their wonderful family again=), and go and do the things which both they and the Lord desires of them.My relationship with my parents is a special one to me. I am thankful for the maturity and ability now to really appreciate them, and and incredibly thankful for all their love, help, and concern that they are always able and willing to give. I love you twice as much as the last thing you say mom and daddy!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Great pictures. I'm loving your new outline, by the way. Great news about your parents! Keep us posted. And have fun in Mesa!