Monday, November 15, 2010

Standin' on the corner...

On Saturday afternoon we dropped the kids off at my sis-in-laws house in Woodruff, and David took me out on our 9 year anniversary date. It was a fun time to be able to talk to my husband for a few hours without having kids around. Adult conversation is quite refreshing... =)

We headed north toward Holbrook...


Stopped for a quick shot of our wigwam we stayed at on our Honeymoon...


Went to Winslow, AZ and 'took it easy' on the very corner...
We then proceeded to Wal-Mart where we did a little shopping. I can honestly say that EVERY "date" we have gone on in the last 6 years has involved a trip to Wal-Mart. It is a chance to get our shopping done without five kids. We wandered around looking at tools, talking about what we want to do for the kids for Christmas (and even got a little Christmas bought!), and laughed about the fact that a trip to Wal-Mart without kids is considered a date!

We went to dinner, then headed back to Woodruff, where we traded off watching kids so they could go to the adult session of conference. We got home pretty late and carried all the kids in ASLEEP!!!! I love that....

It was a wonderful day with David. Relaxing, fun, and just time to be together. That doesn't happen often enough. It's been a great nine years.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations on you anniversary, we just celebrated our 9th at the end of July, we are only a little ahead of you guys! And I have to say that our dates usually involve Walmart as well, I was just telling Brian that when I get back from my Thanksgiving trip he and I will have to go on a date to dinner and Walmart to do our Christmas shopping.