Sunday, December 12, 2010

Birthdays + Christmas = PARTIES

To say that December is a 'busy' time of year, is a major understatement at the Peterson home. We have five kids, and three of their birthdays fall within 9 days of each other. ALL in December. Aubrey is on the 10th, Jay on the 15th, and Emily on the 19th. I was feeling rather optimistic and brave and planned a double birthday party for my girls yesterday (Saturday). It was my first attempt at a 'friend party' ever. I think it went over rather well. Aubrey and Emily's friends who were able to come were: Lilly T., Saige L., Emma H. , Gwen H., Braedyn S., Katie, Anastasia S., Raegan S., Britian J., and Kortnie S. It was a loud and fun house. No major meltdowns, fights or hurt feelings. Everyone seemed to have a fun time. We had pizza, chips and pop, then decorated our own cupcakes, then ate them with ice cream. Then we had a 'cake walk'. The girls got spoiled rotten, the parents came to pick up the girls and then it was done. Short, sweet... and EXAUSTING! A dozen little girls will do that to you. It was a fun, loud, exciting time!

Later last night was our Ward Christmas Party. It went over SO well! The kids did great, the food was yummy, Santa heard a wish for Christmas from each of the kids, the program was really sweet, especially the short nativity scene! David took the kids home to bed, and I volunteered to help with the clean-up. (Anything to get out of 'bedtime'!!) I brought home tons of extra food, and have dinner set for at least two or three days! It was a good time!I wish I could say that things will calm down now, but that would be a big fat lie! Many more parties, activities, and busyness are still planned almost everyday for the rest of the month! On one hand it stresses me out and brings thoughts of dread, but on the other hand, when each event is said and done, I enjoyed it, and am grateful to create good memories for David, me and the kids. That is what it is all about.

No comments: