Saturday, April 2, 2011

BYU Ballet

Last month (the 4th of March to be exact), the BYU Ballet came to town. I thought it was a good idea for a girls night out. We first stopped at Trappers. The only time I can eat there is when I go without David because he doesn't like it. The girls got to pick whatever they wanted off the kid menu. It sounded like a great idea, except that I had 3 FULL plates of uneaten food that got to go home in a doggy bag. Silly girls.... They liked the french fries and the water, IF it had ice in it.

After the adventure at Trappers we headed to the ballet. They were bummed because there was a "meet the ballerinas" before the actual ballet. We got there on time, but what mommy didn't realize is that they were supposed to dress up like princesses for the affair. Oops! So they all cowered at their table, and fought getting up and visiting with anyone in the whole room! Aubrey was so afraid that the ballerinas would hate her because she didn't dress up. And of course, if Aubrey says something like that, it HAS to be true!

So Aubrey, Emily and Betsy all sat/hid at the table for a while. I finally convinced them that no one hated them for not dressing up and they slowly began coming out of their self inflicted shell. Here is the only picture I got with them and some "real live ballerinas". Betsy was beside herself! She was just thrilled as can be to be with actual dancers. SO SWEET!The ballet performance was really good, and their is some serious talent at BYU.

...I have nothing against men that dance ballet, BUT I do have something against men in skin colored tights dancing ballet! I just about covered my girls eyes! YIKES!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Aw, we had fun at the ballet too. I wondered why you guys weren't in line to meet the ballerina's. I'm glad you convinced them to get up and mingle. I loved how sweet, excited and bouncy Betsy was. And, those guys in the tights made me nervous too!