Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dinosaur Diorama and Tooth Fairies

Aubrey had a school assignment that she worked hard on and here is the final project. She made a diorama, gave a presentation to her first grade class, and wrote a short paper (like 6-7 sentences long) about the dinosaur of her choice. She chose the Ankylosaurus. Our family now all knows more then I thought possible about that type of dinosaur! Luckily I have sons that like dinosaur toys, and there happened to be an Ankylosaurus in their toy bucket (along with 20+ more kinds too)! She was very proud of her diorama, and according to her teacher, did a great job on her presentation to the class. I am so proud of my sweet, happy, SMART Aubrey Sue! Emily just lost another tooth (#8). Having three kids resembling jack-o-lanterns, makes a lot of Tooth Fairy duties; it gets kinda pricey too! Emily is ahead of schedule with losing teeth and has lost two more teeth then Aubrey who is a year older then her! My kids are always so tough with losing their teeth. Emily actually waits until it is so lose that the wind would blow it out, and then approaches me with some toilet paper in a wad, and tells me to pull it.

Nathan, Aubrey and Emily also just had dentist trips and report NO cavities. That always makes a momma proud. Betsy is going in next week for her first visit to the dentist. She already has a cavity right between her two front teeth, and that is why I am taking her earlier then I normally do for my kids. I was hoping that I could just keep up with her brushing and that would hold her off until they just fell out, but it is getting big enough that it is turning into a problem. She isn't complaining about it (heck, she doesn't complain about anything!) but it needs to be fixed before the teeth naturally fall out on their own.

And great news for me, I also have set up an appointment to go visit an orthodontist and get an initial consultation for braces!! I am super excited to possibly getting my teeth fixed again. Yes, I have had braces before when I was about 13, but between rushing me through the braces, and moving with my family out of state, my orthodontist never got me a final retainer, and so my teeth slowly went back to how they were. I am looking forward to getting my teeth straightened, getting a retainer this time, and feeling better about myself... =)

1 comment:

Amy said...

congrats on smart kids and cavity-free kids! (and tell Betsy that I've got cavities between my front teeth right now too. No fun!) I'm excited that you're going to have a second chance w/ braces! way to go!