Monday, August 22, 2011

It's about time...

I admit to having lost my blogging drive!  So here is what we have been up to for the last few weeks!

On August 11, 2011, Nathan, Aubrey and Emily went back to school.  It just seems to get earlier every year.  When I was a kid we wouldn't go until the last couple days of August!  Although, my sweet kids were more then ready (as was I!).  Nathan has literally been complaining since about three days after summer started about wanting to go back to school!  That kid sure loves to learn!  They have all been doing extremly well so far, and love their new classes.  This is my first year with having kids it two different schools.  Nathan has moved up to Snowflake Intermediate (grades 4-6), and Aubrey and Emily are still at Highland Primary (grades K-3), so that has been a bit of an adjustment, but we have done fine with it. 

Because I am a blond (yes, I was originally blond, I promise!), or lazy, or both I totally spaced getting the common "first day of school pictures".  Sorry about that.  I do feel a little guilty about it, but I figure the kids don't really care, and I take pictures of my kids often, so its okay....  right?!? 

Nathan has started taking piano lessons.  He is taking from a wonderful woman in my ward, and has caught on super fast (not surprising!), and is loving to play the piano.  Here is a picture of he and I playing a duet.  It is fun hearing him play...  =)

In other news, David and I are going to Nauvoo!!!!  I am so THRILLED, and if you can believe it , David is even more excited!  We will be passing the kids out to Davids family (thank you to Eva and Mom!!), and we will be going over the week of September 3-10th.  We will be driving my dads truck back to Nauvoo, spending some time with my parents, who are back there serving a mission, touring the church sites, and then flying home.  We are absolutly giddy about the trip, and can't wait!  Almost daily David will tell me that "the trip is just not coming quick enough".  Hehehe! 

And in some more news, after mopping the floors after nearly a month (no, I am not kidding), Jay just poured himself a bowl of cereal.  Too bad the jug was over 3/4th full and spilled nearly a half gallon of milk on my CLEAN ten minutes ago, floor.  It always seems to happen like that.  Its karma or something.  Like rain on a freshly washed car, or poop in a clean diaper.  But that is kinda gross, sorry... =)

I am busy today getting my house back to livable again.  I spent a few days last week on the couch pretty sick, so I am now working on disenfecting, doing backed up dishes and laundry, and trying to get back on top of things.  Feeling good about my progress so far.  Must get back to it, the dryer is buzzing, and Besty and Jay are begging for lunch.  It never ends.....

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Glad to hear the back to school thing is going well. And really glad to hear you are going to Nauvoo! Hooray! Sounds like a blissful trip (without kids!). Do you think you'll still go next spring?

Cassie said...

Its ALWAYS poop in a clean diaper huh! Hope you have a GREAT trip.

kara said...

Val I enjoy your blog so much, you always make my day when I read it :) Enjoy you trip it sounds wonderful.