Sunday, September 11, 2011

One more then twenty-nine

Me, sitting on Preachers Rock at Adam-ondi-ahmen (sp?)

I still will not actually say "thirty".  I prefer "one more then twenty-nine".  I don't quite know what I have against being 30, but it is a strong dislike of the idea.  Where it came from?  I don't know.  So I celebrate turning older then I ever wanted to admit to being today.  It has been a very regular, slow type of a day.  Same busyness this morning getting ready for church.  A bit more hyper kiddos during Sacrament Meeting, and one sad, sick little boy (Jay) to interrupt Relief Society.  I got a nice nap after church (still trying to catch up on some sleep from our nice week long retreat to Nauvoo! TONS more on that soon!) and a yummy dinner made by my wonderful husband.  I know that my age sounds older then I want it to, but I still feel the same.   So, happy birthday to me!

2 comments:

Mel's Family said...

Happy birthday Valerie!

Stacie said...

Yes, happy birthday to you! I was thinking about you yesterday, but didn't get the chance to write. I'm glad you had a good day and that you enjoyed celebrating your 29th birthday a second time. :) I'm afraid of the big 30 too! Love ya, Val!