Monday, October 17, 2011

Life going on....

Life has gone on quickly over the last month.  I have taken few pictures, and have blogged about them even less.  Now that the infamous trip to Nauvoo is said and done, things have started getting busier... (why is it that just knowing that the holidays are coming makes everything go into warp speed??)  So here you have it, the happenings since September 10th.....
Here is a random, but sweet shot of my husband doing what he does best:  Being a wonderful daddy.  He had just returned home from another few days away for work, and all the kids were thrilled to see him.  We love it when daddy is home!!
Nathan has been working hard at Cub Scouts and has a great time at it!  Here we are at Pack Meeting last month.  Nathan received his Wolf Badge, and is officially now a Bear.  I still don't understand what half of it all means with Scouting, but I am proud of my Nathan for doing so well, learning so much, and advancing into Bears! Oh, and I got a kiss!  Which isn't happening as much anymore, since he is getting older.  Sniff, sniff....

A month or so ago, a random white kitten wandering into our yard and decided to stay.  I am not a cat fan, in fact I pretty much hate cats, but Aubrey took an INSTANT liking to it, named it 'Snowball', and sufficiently smothered, tortured and never let it go.  This is the only picture I took of the cat.  It stuck around for a few weeks and then disappeared one night as randomly as it appeared.  I was more then okay with it moving on, as was the dogs.  Aubrey was a little sad, but seemed to get over it quick enough.
 Every year during Fire Prevention Week, our fire station opens its doors to the public and gives tours, demonstrations, and serves dinner (hot dogs).  We went last year and the kids enjoyed it.  We decided to go again this year.  The kids had a good time eating their dinner (and I enjoyed not having to make it!), and bouncing in a little bounce house they had set up.  Aubrey won a free smoke detector and glowsticks.  It was hard keeping track of all five kids in that crowd all by myself, but we all made it back home in one piece!  This might have to become a tradition...
 Last week Nathan proved yet again how smart and wonderful he is.  We went to Snowflake Intermediate for an awards ceremony.  Nathan was presented a perfect attendance award (no absents or tardies).  I am not the type of mom that insists that my kids go to school with pnemonia just so they can get perfect attendance, but I am proud of Nathan for loving school, and wanting to be there!  Good job!
 But this is even better!!  Nathan has done SO well in school this year.  He was given the Superintendents List Certificate.  That means that he has kept all his grades at or above 95% or A+.  He is such a great kid, and I love him so much!  WONDERFUL JOB! Visions of valedictorian are dancing in my head.  Smartie pants....
Just a few days ago I went in for Parent/Teacher Conferences.  Each of my kids are doing wonderful in school.  Nathan is at the top of his class (notice the above picture..), Aubrey is doing great and is very well behaved, and Emily is a sweet, wonderful student.  LOVE THAT.  Great job my little scholars! =)

So there is the quick version of the happenings of  the last 6 or 7 weeks.  Life goes on....

No comments: