Sunday, October 2, 2011

NAUVOO! Part One

It has officially been one month and a day since we left on our week long trip to Nauvoo.  My memory fades fast with as much as goes on in this house, so I better get this post done, and trip completed, before it gets forgotten!
So, here are my wonderful parents just returning home from their performance in Rendezvous. It was absolutely wonderful seeing and spending time with them! 

Early the next morning my dad, David and I drove to Carthage Jail.  Just being there was overwhelming.  Standing at the window, touching the bullet hole in the door, walking up the stairs.  I stood at the window upstairs, looking down to the ground with tears rolling down my cheeks.  Our prophet was murdered and fell from that very spot.  The spirit was strong, yet the feeling of peace was great.  Such a sad, yet sacred place.




 This is one of only two sun stones that were on the original Nauvoo Temple.  They look so small up high on the building, but it was pretty big and solid.  And such talent to carve it with so much detail. 


And here is my dad, working at the black shop, as part of his tour.  He took us through the tour, and because we happened to be the only people there, gave me the small horseshoe they make as part of the presentation.  It was so neat to see my dad, in his role as a missionary.  He does such a great job, and has a wonderful time doing it.

 Later that evening my parents took us out to eat in a neighboring town to a yummy Mexican restaurant, and on our way back, we stopped at 'Davids Chamber' and walked around a while.  Here is a pic of us on the bridge. 
There is SO much more, but don't have anymore time right now.  So stay tuned....

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I am enjoying your report, especially since we were so recently there. I am surprised to hear there was yummy Mexican food there!