Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Catching up... laundry room

Originally our house had a carport and an outside storage room.  The washer was in the kitchen and there was no dryer.  (Think 1960's).  Before we bought the home, like most homes in the neighborhood, the carport was closed in making another room and the outside storage room was converted into a large laundry room.  It was a nice touch to the home, yet, the laundry room never was finished.  It still had its unfinished block and cement floors.  It was uninsulated and, depending on the weather was either an oven, or a freezer.  Twice the pipes froze on our washing machine because of this.

I don't think I have many pictures of my laundry room.  Sorry, I just didn't find it worked well as a backdrop to pictures.  Just imagine dark, damp, cold, and dungeon and you probably have a pretty good idea of what it looked like. 

So, on to the remodel...
 Here is the wall shimmed out, plumbing and electrical moved around and insulation panels in.
 Drywall and texture!
 On to the paint on the walls and shelving.  And a thick coat of epoxy paint on the floor.  I don't think I got a picture of that.  But it finished the room off well.
And the final touch.  The door of my dreams.  It has a window that opens and everything....  Much needed addition for light, insulation and venting.  I'm still jealous of the renters using that wonderful door...
And here is the finished product.  I wanted some type of shelves or cabinets above the machines, but it didn't fit in the budget, so it didn't happen.  Loved how it turned out.

No comments: