Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter, etc.

I check my blog nearly everyday.  I look and see who has updated their blogs, and wish others would do the same.  Yet, I somehow forget that I should be updating mine!  How silly of me....

So, over the past month life has continued to go on.  My days are filled with regular mommy things.  And the kids are doing really well.  Betsy has been pretty expensive this month between her dentist appointments and new therapy sessions.  She was complaining last month of a sore tooth, so I found our new dentist and took her in, thinking it would be a regular cleaning and one filling.  BOY, was I wrong.  She has been such a tough girl as she has sat through several appointments, root canals, x-rays, and fillings.  She has TERRIBLE teeth.  We still have at least two more appointments set up.  Poor sweet little girl.

And for those who are wondering what the therapy for Betsy is about.  Let me explain.  She has always seemed to have a little quirk where when she used one hand her other hand would shadow or mirror the other hand.  It seemed kind of strange, yet not a big deal.  Then it started hindering her.  She struggles with independantly dressing herself, carrying things, cutting, basic fine motor skills. 

I really noticed it handicapping her several months ago, and wanted to go something about it, but then the move to Montana happened, so got put off.  We finally got through all the red tape and she began active occupational therapy last month.  She LOVES it!  LOVES to go "play with Martha".  It has been great to see improvement already.  I worry about her going to Kindergarten in August, but feel that she will have improved enough at that point to fit in fine.  What I love so much about my precious Betsy is that she is happy through it all.  Smiling ear to ear, and sweet as can be.  Love her!

In other news, Easter came to Montana.  We kept it VERY simple and went to an easter egg hunt that a church in town put on.  It was pretty chilly, given it had snowed the day before.  The kids had fun, and thats what mattered.

After the egg hunt we hurried over to the movie theater, and watched a FREE showing of Hop.  It was the first time we ever attempted a movie with all five kids at a movie theater.  They did great!  We figure the next time a "kid movie" is released we could take them all again.  Expensive though!



I love how this move has caused positive changes in my kids.  I have noticed that the rivalry that was always between Aubrey and Emily is gone!  They actually PLAY together.  SHARE the same friends.  SLEEP in the same bed.  They have really started to GET ALONG.

Finally, this is the project the kids threw together this rainy Sunday afternoon.  Its a doll house.  (Although, Nathan and Jay call it a TOY house).  They ALL worked together, desiging rooms, and taping it together.   They keep adding rooms and features to it, so now it is about twice this big, and still growing!


 AAAAHHH!!! My kids are getting along!  Knock on wood....

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Cute pictures, and great update. I love that your kids are close enough in age that they can all play together and be interested in the same thing. How fun!

Amanda said...

Ah, Betsy, love her! She is always the happiest little girl. Glad she's doing so good and that the rest of you guys are too. Graham was just asking about them a couple days ago, he said to me, "Billings, MT, who lives there? Jordan and JJ and baby Hannah and Betsy and JayJay the jetplane, is that all?" cute, LOL

Amy said...

So Val, I finally caught up on your blog. I saw your remodeling pics of your old house (beautiful btw--how did you ever get over leaving that place after all your work?!? You're amazing!) I saw Christmas, your new place in MT, your new couch! Love it. You deserve a nice couch after all the kid-loved ones you've been through. I'm so glad you're happy in Montana. I loved reading your posts and seeing the growth your family is experiencing. Miss ya tons. Can't wait until the 4th of July! Have a great week! Love, Amy