Tuesday, November 27, 2012

School Starts! 2012

School started on Friday, August 24th this year.  Yes, a Friday.  Weird, I know. 

Nathan grew up to 5th grade, and moved too quickly to the middle school. He has adjusted well. His teacher is Mrs. Reimer. Here he is on his first day of 5th grade and middle school!!
 Aubrey moved up to 3rd grade and a new school too!  She now goes to Graff Elementary with Mrs. Mandeville as her teacher.  She is doing awesome in school, and her teacher is, by far, my favorite teacher this year.  Aubrey has lucked out, and has had excellent teachers every year thus far!
 Emily went into 2nd grade this year.  Of all the kids she was the only one who didn't change schools.  She stayed at West Elementary.  Her teacher is Mrs. Felker.  She is also a wonderful student!
 Betsy reached the ripe old age of five and went into kindergarten this year.  She goes to school at South Elementary with Mrs. Kaupish as her kindergarten teacher.  She has adjusted great to school, and LOVES to go everyday. 
 Here they are together.  My four kids in school going to four different schools.  I really dislike the way the school district has things set up in Laurel.  Anyway, they are looking all grown up...
 And here is Betsy making the leap and going to school on the bus.  Her buddy helping her on the bus is a wonderful friend, and Betsy just adores Karelyn.  Betsy gave me a very brave, excited smile and got on that big bus.  It was very hard for this momma to send her baby girl away to kindergarten on a bus full of older, bigger kids!
Yes, I cried as the bus drove away.  Didn't think I would, but I did.  Then after a few minutes I dried my eyes, took a deep breath, and did the happy dance...

No comments: