Sunday, June 9, 2013

Christmas 2012- Mesa

Yes, its a little late to be posting about Christmas.  Yes, I am behind, and yes, I have about a billion things I could blog about.  But, true to my nature of order and OCDish-ness, I have to go in order.  Yes, that means all the way back to Christmas.  Sorry. 

So, we had planned and saved and planned for a long visit back to our home state of Arizona all year long.  Money was tight, heck, when is it NOT tight??  But, we made the trip in record time, with no carsick tummies or vomit involved.  That is a good thing.  We drove the entire 23 hour drive in 2 days, with a ridiculously quick overnighter in Provo. 

We went to Mesa first to visit with the Barton side.  It was a wonderful time!  We had a quick birthday party for my December birthdays. 

Jay, Aubrey and Emily wait anxiously with their cake while we sing to them.
 My mom has a great tradition of making gingerbread houses.  We cheated a bit and bought the kits this year.  The kids all got to pick out their house and decorate it however they wanted.  It was a bit chaotic with the icing, and the candy, but the kids did great on each of their gingerbread houses.
 Christmas Eve had all the cousins and family come to grandma and grandpas house for our annual Nativity Scene, and poems read.  Here is many of the cousins posing. 
 And the very best part of the Barton Christmas tradition, it the reading of "Jest Fer Christmas" and "The Night Before Christmas".  My dad does the honors.  You can guarantee that these two stories are read every year.  It has been that way for the last 60+ years, and it is a tradition that I have continued with my own kids.
 A little wiffle-ball at the retention basin in the BEAUTIFUL weather.
 And Christmas morning.  A blurry pic of the crazy, chaotic, FUN morning that ensued.
Zoo Lights.  At the Phoenix Zoo.  Followed by apple/cherry fritters and hot chocolate. 
 
It was a fun, busy visit to see all my family.  We spent about 5 days in Mesa thoroughly enjoying the weather and family.
 

No comments: