Monday, October 13, 2008

Complaining, and more complaining.

There hasn't been much going on these days. We all had an.... interesting day at church yesterday. Almost weekly I ask myself why I even bother going to Sacrament Meeting with my kids in tow.... but the point is, that we do go. I just feel super sorry for the nice couple that sit behind us. I swear they don't hear a thing. Hey, neither to I most of the time. =) I just don't know how to teach my kids to sit down and be quiet..... HOW?????? I think the bishopbric get a good laugh each week watching the circus act on the second row.... I take pride in know that we are the comic relief! After we barely survived Sacrament Meeting, I subsituted for nursery. Yikes! There are 23 kids in that nursery, and everyone one was there plus a few visitors. Luckily there were five other adults helping. I am grateful I don't usually have that calling. Betsy kept eyeing me, wondering what the heck I was still doing in her class... it was funny.

Today I was tired of my disaster of a house, and did a super duty clean on the family room, kids rooms and bathrooms. I am pooped! My kids were pretty good sports, and helped out quite a bit. They thought it was a game, especially when I started moving furniture around. I am pleased to say that most of my house is pretty much spotless. Minus my kitchen and my bedroom (that is for tomorrow... hopefully).

The weather is changing dramaticlly. Just this last few days it has turned from fall temps to almost winter temps. The high was only 55 today and it froze last night.... my poor flowers! Everything is dead now, and my tree is looking pretty crudey. Official jacket weather. I am bummed, and can feel the depression of the season start. I am not looking forward to being trapped inside this small house for almost six months with 5 small kids. AAAAHHHHH!!!! I have been feeling constantly COLD for almost three days straight. Did I mention that I hate cold?!?!? Gosh, I complain alot! I need to find a hobby, so I have something to look forward to this winter. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Valerie!
I love your blog!!! It takes me back and I feel your pain. You asked for suggestions... I just have to say that this will pass. (We're empty nest! I never thought it would happen!) You will be glad when the kids are teenagers and they watch out for each other, but enjoy them now while they are little and you can just pick them up and move them. Keeping a house clean while you are raising kids is practically impossible--it's like trying to shovel snow while it's still snowing (according to Erma Bombeck). :) About the cold...Layer your clothes! My kids wore undershirts, long sleeves & long pants from September to May. Makes for more laundry, but keeps you warmer! :) Know that you are my hero! You (and my daughters) are in the trenches! You'll look back and be so grateful and amazed at how you did what you are doing! Only with the Lord's help!!!
I love you guys! ~Aunt Elynn