Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Uplifting and life changing....

General conference got tangled up in our camping trip weekend, so it has taken me a while to get it all watched, and I still haven't finished the Saturday afternoon session yet. I promise I will get there. We were able to watch both Sunday sessions on BYU-TV. It was wonderful. Many talks were good, many were great, but one stood out like a sore-thumb for me; like he was talking straight to me. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and He knew what I needed to hear. Our prophet is an inspired man, a man of God. He was speaking about finding happiness and joy in our current situations, and he spoke to ME. He said, "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly."

I found myself in tears. As I looked around my family room, with toys scattered, the laundry pile in the corner, and fingerprints all over the TV screen and entertainment center, and I knew he must have been looking into my home through a window or something. I sat there for a few minutes reflecting on how much I truly love my children. How I spend too much time refereeing, observing, yelling, cleaning, etc. I felt like our wonderful President Monson knew just what to say to the mommy's in the world, that are overwhelmed and under-appreciated. And he spoke to my heart. I love my kids so much! I am so grateful for the opportunity that my Heavenly Father has given me to raise these children, and the trust that He places in me to tend His precious spirits.

I love my job, no matter how tiring, how monotonous, and how stressful it almost always is. I learn and laugh out loud everyday, every hour, at the wonderful personalities of my five little angels. And I wouldn't trade my babies for anything in this entire world. THEY are my world.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

So sweet. I too really enjoyed President Monson's talk and found myself regretting the moments I had wished away. Sometimes it's just hard. I can't even imagine taking my work times five! You're amazing. And look at how adorable all those kiddos are! With your kids so close together, they will all grow up at once and be gone before long! But I thought about how fun it is to have adult relationships as I was home last weekend with my siblings. Different stages...so much to enjoy!