Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The generosity of others

Last night I had the opportunity to be offered help, and also be given a few fun evenings out. So, I was chatting with a friend of mine. Our kids play together almost daily, so we are really beginning to click, and are becoming close friends. I mentioned to her my plight of the laundromat, and she most generously offered her washer and dryer at her house to use. I warned her of the amount of laundry my family goes through each day (1-2 loads) and she said, "The more the better". So I will now be hauling my laundry up the dirt road hill behind my house, to a great friends house. I am looking forward to it, because, who can't help but enjoy a little girl talk, and adult conversation while the kids play together?!?

Soon after my chat with Megan, we all loaded up in the car and went to a great production put on by the Silver Creek Performing Arts Association. Due to the generosity of my in-laws, we now have obtained season tickets for the rest of their concert series. Last night the show was done by the Chinese Acrobats. Have you ever seen acrobats perform?!? Good grief.... It sure was a great evening out, and a talented group of people. The daring, precise amount of strength.... The kids all really enjoyed it too. I had my reservations about bringing the kids along, but they all really had a good time watching the acrobats. I had to keep reminding Nathan, and especially my sweet adventurous Aubrey, that we don't try this at home. We will see how long that lasts.....

On to our plans for the weekend. There is a great family in our ward that have invited our family to join them, and head up toward Sedona for a family camp out. So we will be leaving Thursday evening, and will be breaking camp and heading home Saturday morning. We will catch the morning session of conference in the car, and be home in time for the afternoon session. I am really looking forward to our camp out. The family is great, and we have a lot in common. And since I enjoy being outdoors, and find a certain amount of fun in camping, I can't wait!

Note to the readers of this blog...... as soon as a little money gets freed up, I will be able to buy a new digital camera. No, I didn't end up getting one for my birthday =( ! So if any of you have any suggestions on good, yet not fancy (I am a point and shoot type of gal), please send some advice my way.....

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I'm so glad your friend offered her laundry facilities. It's much nicer that way! And the camping trip sounds like fun! Have a great time.