Monday, September 29, 2008

To the laundromat we go

For the past two weeks, our washing machine has been on the fritz. Each time it runs, water pours out the bottom of it. So, that means for the last two weeks, I have been making trips to the local laundromat. Actually, for the first three years of our marriage we frequented laundromats often. After our move to Snowflake, we used some of the money from the sell of our home in Mesa, to buy ourselves a brand new washer and dryer set, just for us. And now, approximately three and a half years later, my washer is failing. Last week, David and I tried a little investigating and a do-it-yourself repair, and it didn't work out. So for now, and until we have the extra money for a house call to a service repair guy and to pay for the parts, I will be running to the laundromat every few days, with the kids in tow. They have actually enjoyed it. They get to play at the nearby park while we wait for the clothes to get done. I am glad that they are enjoying it, because I am not. You never realize how much you love a functioning washer, until it is not working.....

2 comments:

Stacie said...

What a bummer! You are a trooper. Hang in there.

Christine said...

Hi, Valerie! I'm glad I found your blog. Here's ours:
http://burkfamily1.blogspot.com/
You guys are amazing! :)
Love, Christine