Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Christmas Survey....

Yeah, so I would love to update ya'll on our fun Thanksgiving, and yet I cannot for the life of me, find my camera. So, what is a holiday post without pictures included??? In an effort to blog today anyway, I am using an email my sis-in-law, Heather, sent me this morning.... it was kinda fun to do. Try it, if you want.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I am usually a bag kind of girl, but for Christmas I always wrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. Real trees make a mess, especially with kids...I have first-hand knowledge on that one.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually within a week of Thanksgiving. Haven't gotten to it yet this year.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Mid-January sometime.
5. Do you like eggnog?

Love it! Its really good with some Sprite mixed with it. YUM!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Both sets of Rollerblades. I got one when I was about 11, and another nicer set when I was about seventeen.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My father-in-law. Still don't know???
8. Easiest person to buy for?

Me, because I know what I want. If only my hubby would listen to those hints I have been dropping!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I brought it at a yard sale right before we got married, along with our bedroom set and microwave.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

None of the above. I try to do a "Christmas letter". Haven't gotten to that one either yet, and don't think I will. Sorry. =)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

No offense honey, but a wall calender. It had great pictures in it, but... a calender...really???
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
About two weeks before Christmas. Not yet this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Christmas present, no...... Wedding present, yup.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Anything! I love food, and there is always plenty of it during the holidays.
16. Lights on the tree?

Yup. How else would you wind your day down? Nothing like listening to music and watching your Christmas tree lights in the dark of the night.
17. Favorite Christmas song?

Mannheim Steamrollers Hark, How the Bells! and Adams Sandlers Happy Hanukkah... OJ Simpson, not a Jew! =)
8. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

It depends on the year. Is it a Barton or Peterson year? This year we are staying home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Yes, I am pretty sure I can, although I don't have the energy right now to even try.
20. Angel on the tree-top or a star?
Star. I made it in Young Women's when I was about 15. It is gold, huge and heavy.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One present on Christmas Eve, usually the pajamas. Then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Being sick. No matter what, I am ALWAYS sick at Christmastime. In fact I can't even remember a year that I was healthy Christmas morning. And yes, I am sick, again.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
I love red, and it is fun to see red everywhere this time of year. My favorite ornament is a bear on a sled that David bought me at the Denver airport in July, even before we were engaged.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
My moms chowder that she makes every year. And for breakfast, Captain Crunch with Berries... the only cold cereal we EVER got as kids!

3 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

That is cute. Seriously I would have to kill Russ if he gave me a calendar for Christmas. LOL

Stacie said...

I totally hear ya on the father-in-law gift thing....

Mel's Family said...

You are so cute Valerie. I love reading all those facts about you...did you really have captain crunch with berries for Christmas morning? I love that cereal!