Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Camera found!

I found my camera, and it was right where I left it. I was finally finishing unpacking from our trip, and it was in the bottom of the bag. I guess that is what I get for waiting 4 days to get unpacked. So here is a description of our weekend in a nutshell.

We arrived in Mesa Wednesday afternoon, and went to ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo. It was fun to see everyone, and look at all the lights. We all had a "tailgating" party in the zoo's parking lot with donuts and hot chocolate while my dad read a great new book called "Twas the Night before Thanksgiving". It has become a new tradition...... and a funny book at that!
Thursday was filled with preparing, fixing, and EATING large amounts of yummy food. After dinner we all went across the street to the retention basin for a big, fun game of kickball. That evening my dads sister, my Aunt Kaye, her husband Sam and my cousin Chad and his wife Shelley and their two boys came over for a visit and to pig out on yummy pies! It was a good chance to see them again. And I know now that she reads my blog. =) HI AUNT KAYE! David then went over to Jacob and Heathers house for their annual Halo night. He sure loves that game, and his night away with all the guys to play X-Box until the wee hours of the morning.
Friday we spent the morning kicking back and relaxing. In the afternoon my parents and all of us went back to the zoo to see the animals this time. Nathan kept asking and wondering where all the animals were when we were there on Wednesday night, so we thought we would go back. For the first time ever I got to wander around the zoo with no schedule, and no one else with us ready to leave. I saw stuff and animals I never even knew was there! It was a nice treat to just be David and I with the kids, alone. Friday night we played board games, and went to bed.
Saturday, my sisters all came over and we made gingerbread houses. It is a fun tradition that we always do right after Thanksgiving. I made one for us and David and Aubrey made another one for Davids parents. It is always fun to make them, and even more fun to eat the candy in the process of construction! In the picture of Aubrey's house, David is joking around in the background, I promise I did not "catch him" picking his nose!! He thought he was being funny...... hehehehe!

We drove home Saturday afternoon and enjoyed a nice talk while the kids all slept. I love our drives between Snowflake and Mesa.... it gives us a good two hours of silence and time to just talk to each other. It was a fun trip! Hope your Thanksgiving was as nice as ours! FOOD, FAMILY, FUN!

No comments: