Monday, December 15, 2008

December is......

I think that we can all agree that December is a busy month. It is no exception here either. We have three birthdays; Aubrey on the 10th, Jay on the 15th- today =), and Emily on the 19th. Stack on the usual holiday shopping and celebrations for Christmas. It is an understatement to say that money is "tight" in December for us. And to top it all off, we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel. Gratefully, most of the big stuff has been free; but the price of tile, paint, sheet rock, etc. add up quickly. It is pretty obvious that we will be having a very small Christmas and birthdays this time around.
So, with that, here is my tile, with grout in it! David worked hard last night putting the grout in, and I came along later (aka... after the kids were in bed) and began wiping it with the sponge. It was a late night, and we didn't hit the sack until 12:45am. Not much sleep for an already sleep deprived mommy.

Now, why am I sleep deprived, you ask? The obvious answer is that I have five little kiddos to tend to. Yes, that is true. BUT, add on three double ear infections (Aubrey, Emily and Betsy) plus RSV (Jay) and Nathan with pre-pneumonia symptoms, and that makes for one tired mommy. The girls are all on anti-biotics that have to be taken three times daily for 10 days. Jay and Nathan are having breathing treatments every 4-6 hours round the clock. I really don't want to end up in the hospital with Nathan again. Pneumonia is no fun, and we don't want that! Yup, the kids and I did not grace church with our presence yesterday. It may have actually been quiet! =)

On to better news... today is Jay's birthday. He is turning one! I can't believe that time has gone this fast. I am saddened to see him pass the infant stage, and now I am watching him turn from baby to toddler right before my eyes. He is so close to walking, that it may be tonight that he takes his first steps. He is a joy, and a wonderful baby. I love him so much it hurts sometimes. I want to freeze time and love and enjoy this fun stage with him. I really think that this is my favorite age. He is so curious, and so interested. He loves me, hugs me, and still wants to be held. He can't sass at me, he can't talk back, he can't get away too fast. He has a great smile, beautiful blue eyes, and a laugh that melts your heart. I love my Jay! Happy first birthday Jay-Jay Baby!!

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Val-I just heard about the kids today and can't believe it. I didn't know they were THAT sick. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for any of you. Sick kids are the worst. I'm so sorry.

Ben Peterson said...

Val- I haven't figured out how to comment on your blog until today, but I have been reading it. I'm so excited for your kitchen progress! We've been thinking about you guys with all the birthdays that are happening. Our new little one sill hopefully come between Jay's and Emily's birthdays, but not much going on yet. Cross your fingers. Thank you so much for the dishwasher! We love it and I actually get so much joy out of doing the dishes now, even while 9 months pregnant! Why? Because I don't really have to do them, just load them! It's been years since I had a dishwasher and we feel really blessed. It's like you guys had us for Christmas instead of the other way around. Thanks again for your generosity! Have a great night! ~Amy