Friday, December 5, 2008

The joy of laundry

Now, for those of you that really know me, you know that I HATE laundry. I don't so much mind the sorting, washing and drying...... its the folding and putting away that gets me. Maybe its because my five kids usually un fold my laundry piles about 10 times before I ever even get them in their drawers. Maybe its because it is just another thing that is NEVER done and always needs attention. I have felt this way for a long time, even before I was married. In college I wouldn't haul my clothes to the laundry room until I was down to my last shirt and pair of underwear. Yuck. I am not so much in love with the task...... until today.

The part that my dad graciously ordered us last week has come in, been installed, and did the trick. I can't tell you how good it feels to have a washer again! It has been almost 3 months, and it sure feels good to get my laundry piles under control again. I did 4 loads of laundry in just about 3 hours, and didn't mind a bit! Given, they are still in a basket needing to be folded, but hey, they are clean and it didn't take a trip to the laundromat either!

So JOY and LAUNDRY in the same sentence is a first for me, that is for sure. But it is how I am feeling. It will wear off all too soon, I am certain. But for now, I am going to bask in my joy of laundry.

No comments: