Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Supremes

I was called on Tuesday night to be part of a skit for Snowflake's Annual Christmas Spectacular. It is a pretty big production that the town puts on every year, and this year I get to be in it. I am stepping in for a lady that ended up not being able to do it this year, and so I have had to learn a dance number (given it is only about 2 minutes long) and be ready for both the Friday and Saturday performance. It includes four ladies, counting me, and we are dancing/lip syncing to a Supreme's number, 'Santa Claus is Coming to Town'. So yesterday and the next couple days have and will be filled with practices, dress rehearsals and then the final performances. I am kinda nervous because everyone else has their steps down, and look great, and I am just learning them. I have gratefully picked it up pretty fast, and it isn't too difficult. So, that is what I have been up to. I have great friends that helped me out, last minute, yesterday with the kids (Amy and Megan, thanks gals!), and today my mother-in-law is keeping them. Tomorrow David will be home, and so he will get the brunt of the "babysitting" for the weekend. I doubt much work will get done on the kitchen this weekend. Oh well, whats one more week without a kitchen???? ={

No comments: