Thursday, December 18, 2008

An update for y'all

I am happy to say that the kiddos are all feeling much better today. They have all taken their courses of antibiotics and are back to there normal selves again. I am happy about that.

Yesterday we all loaded up in the van and went to see Nathans Christmas Program for the first graders. He had been practicing for weeks, and did awesome. We came over 5 minutes early and were still on the very last row of benches. By the time the program began there were people standing everywhere. We couldn't see a thing the whole time, but I did sneak up front for a few minutes and grabbed a few shots of Nathan and his class. He made his momma proud! At least we got a seat, right?

This morning I met up with my kids and hubby over at Davids parents house where the girls helped Grandma make her treat plates for Christmas. They really enjoy cooking and helping. I am looking forward to getting my kitchen back, so I can enjoy baking and cooking again. Hopefully I will finally find joy in it.... we shall see.

Nathan fell in the mud at school this afternoon and I was called on my cell phone on my way back home to come a pick him up. There was only 30 minutes left of school, so it was pretty much pointless to take him home, change him, and bring him back, just to have him come home 10 minutes later. He was scared that I would have been mad that he fell in the mud. I felt bad that he was afraid of me and what my reaction might be. I explained to him that I was not mad, and by the time we got home, he was smiling. Plus, he sure looked cute with his back-side all covered in mud!! But, it made me re-evaluate how I react to things. I have to admit that patience is not one of my strong suits (just ask David). I do over-react about things, more often then I should. I am just happy that I have very good kids, that love me despite my imperfections in being their mommy.

Tomorrow is Emilys 4th birthday, and I am looking forward to sharing her story for all you readers. Its a good one, so tune in tomorrow!

No comments: