Monday, January 19, 2009

American Idol vs. Biggest Loser

So, what is your favorite?!?!? I noticed that they both air at the same time, so you kinda have to choose one or the other. We can catch the re-runs of Biggest Loser, so it works out okay, BUT, I have found my new favorite addiction.... I LOVE THE BIGGEST LOSER!! Wow, what a great show. And what is really cool about it, is that these people are REAL. They come, show the world their obesity, and change right before your eyes. And we all get to watch and learn throughout their journeys.

We watched the re-run last night of show #2 of the new season. I found myself motivated, and during commercial breaks, I was working out, trying to take off the last 10 pounds of baby weight that I have stuck to my butt and hips. It would be nice to get back into my pre-baby jeans again. I haven't since before I had Betsy (about 3 years ago)! I feel sorry for Jerry, great for Dan (orange team, that's his name, right??), and very angry at Joelle. If you want to be there, then work!!!!!!!! We all know she would have been voted off, if given the chance. Maybe next week.

So after the show was over (12:00 am-yes, midnight) we finished the dishes, started the dishwasher, loaded up the fire, and headed to bed. I came back down the hallway a few moments later, for a drink, to find water pouring out of one of our bottom cabinets! I knew immediately what it was. We have an ancient drain pipe from when a clothes washer sat in our kitchen. The plumber still has to come and cap it off, but hasn't yet come.... and when the sink/disposal/ or dishwasher gets a little backed up, the clog and the waste water comes bubbling, or more correctly, pouring out of that pipe. So there I stood, panicking a bit! I turned the dishwasher off, ran and got a million towels, and started wiping things up. It made a pretty good mess, and took about 15 minutes to get it cleaned up. We grumbled a bit, and headed back to bed, again.

David always falls asleep fast, and last night was no exception. He was out cold, and I was WIDE awake. I laid there, mind racing. I finally settled down and started dozing off when Jay started crying. I went and got him, took him out to the family room and rocked with him in our rocking chair. I finally got him back to sleep, and went back to bed, again. About 15 minutes later (I was still awake), Emily started to cry! What the heck, I just want to sleep!!!! I went in to find her burning up with a fever. She was half asleep still. I went back to the kitchen, grabbed the Ibuprofen, and gave some to Emily, laid by her for a few minutes, got her back to sleep, and went back to bed, again! The last time I saw the clock was at 2:17am. I finally got to sleep, and gratefully David let me sleep this morning till nearly 8 am. It was wonderful!

Today is going to be filled with LAUNDRY.... and loads of it! I have all the bedding in the whole house to wash, all our clothes from about four or five days, and all the towels in the house. I think we might have to many clothes..... ugh! ={

1 comment:

Christine said...

We have too many clothes too!
Hope that pipe gets fixed soon. :)