Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Plumbing Problems

It began a couple weeks ago. The night that I was up late, when the washer drain pipe was pouring water out of it, was the start.... And ever since then we have been visited by the plumber every few days. He just left again this morning. We have a temporary fix that he was trying to solve this morning, but after running his plumber snake through our entire plumbing under the house, all we ended up doing in kinking his snake, so he had to go fix it, and will be back again tomorrow. David went to school with him, so he already knows him, but I am getting to know him better every time he comes! =)

As soon as I got my kitchen remodel "finished", workable and started using it regularly, the plumbing went to pot! There is some type of backup/clog/something blocking flow of water in our kitchen sink. So every time the sink water runs for more then about 5 seconds, the sink backs up, and we have standing water. Yikes. So, I haven't been able to really use my sink, do my dishes or run my new dishwasher for the last week or so. Yesterday he came and removed a cap off of a pipe right by my front door that is the plumbing vent/escape/clean out. So now all the water that would flood into my sink is now draining all over my front porch. Hey, it is better then IN my house.

Options are....

1. try and get the plumbing snake through the entire plumbing of the house tomorrow. If that fails, and we end up breaking his snake again ={, we will have to resort to option #2.
2. Bust up the concrete of the front porch, dig a trench across my yard and re plumb my houses' plumbing. AUGH!! Ah, the joys of living in a 60+ year old house, and all the fun glitches we find!

I sure hope option one works......

1 comment:

Mel's Family said...

hey Valerie...I'm voting for option #1 too. Good luck. Let me know if I can be of any help to you.