Monday, January 26, 2009

Irony

Just last week I did a post about finding my first gray hair. And no, I have not found another, so maybe its a fluke, and I can still play like I am a young girl. Ha! We will see how much longer that lasts. These five kids are sure causing me some stress lately, and so I blame them for my recent find. =)

So, now I am doing a post about a teenage problem that I still have. ACNE! And tons of it. When I got married, I had acne, but immediately after, I got pregnant (yes, Nathan in a legitimate "honeymoon baby"), and it all went away. I had pretty clear skin for the first time since I was like 12. And well, to make a long story short, I have found myself either pregnant or nursing for pretty much my entire married life. I know, shocking huh?!?! I don't know what it is, but the hormones associated with pregnancy and nursing did something for my face, and I was happily CLEAR.

Well, no more. I have stopped having children, stopped nursing babies, and just this last 2 months or so, my acne has stopped its vacation. =( It is not terrible, and I am not overly obsessed at it like I was as a teenager, but it does cause me a little embarrassment still. I have been watching and hearing about Proactiv for like 10 years now. I was flipping through channels last week, and came across there infomercial. I wasn't planning on ordering it, until Aubrey, who was sitting next to me said "Hey mommy, you have red spots like that on your face. You need that medicine." That is all I had to hear, and I headed to the computer, went to their website and ordered the "risk-free trial".

I have been using it for about 3 days now, and I have to say that I am pretty impressed. I took "BEFORE" pictures of my face, and will happily post them, if this stuff does what it says it will. So far so good, and I am glad to see how soft my skin feels already. So call me a walking billboard or something. Hey if it works, it works. And I will glad to share it, especially if I loose all the zits and blackheads that are all over my face! We shall see......

3 comments:

Stacie said...

I had terrible acne in high school (to the point that I was on very strong meds) and finally had a few years of being somewhat/mostly clear until I got pregnant. So for me, being pregnant and nursing bring the acne back...and I hate it! Thankfully it isn't as bad as it was in high school, but it still drives me crazy. Anyway, I tried Pro-Activ (among so many other things) and it didn't work for me. Not sure why. I'm glad you're having good luck though! Just wanted you to know I can commiserate with you. :o)

Brooke said...

Yeah...I had HORRIBLE acne as a teen-ager. I remember just crying like every night! I would go to bed with toilet paper to dab at all the blood and ooze coming from my face (sorry for that mental image!). I took several different strong medications through my teenage years and some would kind of help and others didn't seem to do much. I tried the Pro-Activ stuff, but I think I was too far gone for it to really help me. But I'm glad you're liking it! I love watching the infomercials on it and seeing all the changes of others. I'll be excited for your pics. Bytheway--I think you look great and never noticed any "red spots." :)

Mel's Family said...

Hey. This is Krystal. I'm Melinda's daughter. I don't know if you know this, but I'm an Esthetician (skin care). My mom told me to write you some advice. Proactive is actually a decent product. It will usually help. However, after about 3 months....it won't work anymore. Your body will actually become immune to it. I have some great product that I use on my own skin and on my clients. For a quick 'at home' fix...use neosporin. Just on the acne lesions and only at night. Make sure you wash your face first thing in the morning. Also....you want to make sure you're washing your face morning AND night. Night is actually the most important!! If you want....I can get you some samples if you want to try different washes. Let me know! Hope my advice helps. (It's my professional opinion ) - Krystal :)