Monday, January 19, 2009

Signed, sealed, delivered.... I'm yours

We did not end up delivering cookies on Thursday night. I admit, the kids had been pretty neglected with me baking all day, so they were acting out, and being cranky. We just decided to stay home and be with the kids instead. Friday morning, I got everyone ready, the cookie plates organized, and left for the trek to deliver cookies. I stayed in the car 95% of the time, and Aubrey and Emily ran up to the doors. They were super cute, and had some really cute and sometimes insightful comments about the people they met. Aubrey always had something to say about each house we went to. Like, "Mommy, she was very pretty", or "Mommy, he was very tall", or "Mommy, they were still in pajamas!" or my favorite, "Mommy, that man was kinda strange". I laughed at that one! Heck, he was just being overly excited for the girls.... but Aubrey thought it was "kinda strange"! I had a couple straggler plates that I got delivered on Saturday. It feels nice to do good things for other people. I had fun, learned a few new skills in the process of cooking 15+ batches of cookies, and enjoyed the time with my girls, delivering all those plates of cookies. It feels good to finally start being a bit more social..... now that we have lived here for nearly four years! I am looking forward to busting past my "comfort zone", opening up, and making some closer friends. (yet another resolution!)

No comments: