Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas Goodie Plates

Yes, these Christmas goodies are
coming just a few weeks late,
But my kitchen is finally done,
and my baking is going great!
So enjoy your cookies happily that
you found outside your door,
hoping that your
Holidays were grand
and that we’re friends
forever more!

So, yes, I know that it is silly to be handing out Christmas goodies in the middle of January, but I had everything bought, ready, and waiting in the beginning of December, but didn't have a kitchen to cook anything in. So now that the kitchen is up and running, and I am now getting back into the routines of life, I did my Christmas goodie plates, today.
I got myself in the holiday mood by putting on a little Christmas music from Ben and Amy (thank you!!), and I started baking this morning, right after Nathan left for school (8:00 am), and finished all my plates just a few moments ago, and it is now 3:00 pm. It took a little longer then I thought, but everything is plated, bagged, tagged, and ready to be passed around. I am waiting for David to come home and help me drive around the ward, and town to pass them all out. I had a lot of fun, the girls enjoyed helping a little bit, and I am happy to say that I enjoyed myself more then I thought I would. The kitchen is a tornado right now, and I need to get it cleaned up so I can mess it up again, making dinner! David "ordered" biscuits and gravy tonight, one of his favorite meals.
Along with the kitchen getting a good using today, the house is officially trashed too. I now realize just how messy it gets when I am not running around, keeping it picked up. It makes me feel good to know just how much I do accomplish in a day, and actually kind of excited to clean it up, so I can get my house back in order. I have about 2 hours before David gets home, so I better get crackin' and clean up a bit, and get those biscuits on the table for my guy. =)
So, a belated Happy Holidays!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

MMMMM you can bring me a goodie plate in January, February, March, ect....

Eva said...

Thanks for the cookies! I'm so sorry you had to drive out here and we weren't even home. Oh well, thanks again!