Tuesday, January 13, 2009

When....

I realized this morning that I hadn't blogged for a few days, and that I would like to. Yet, I also realized that I had nothing to say. I really enjoy blogging, reading up on every ones happenings, and giving updates on our crazy bunch, but what if I have no interesting things to say?

So with that little predicament I got myself into, my thoughts turned toward the fact that things will be more interesting when a few more kids are in school, when I have time to make a few closer friends, when I get back into scrap booking.... the list continued in a similar fashion.

Now that made me think about just a few years back, when I thought that my life would be more interesting when I got my drivers licence, when I got married, when I had a couple kids. Do you see a pattern?????

Why must we all be unsatisfied with our current situations? Always looking to the future with hope that it will be more interesting/ better/ fun? So why do I find myself searching for more? The fact of the matter is, the grass is almost always NOT greener on the other side.

I have many blessings. A wonderful, talented husband, five great kids, a home, a finished kitchen =), a warm wood stove to keep us comfortable, a good extended family, and on and on.....

So there you have it, my attempt to make a post, without anything fabulous to say, just a lot of inner, a little-to-deep ponderings, and a hope to find joy in the moment, and not waste my time looking toward a "better, more interesting" time. THIS can be that time.

3 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Amen that is a great thought--thanks for sharing.

Eva said...

I was going to say the same thing. AMEN sistah. I've often thought about how we're always chasing a rainbow and not enjoying the here and now. Even when you reach the rainbow there is always another one on the horizon. Thanks

Brooke said...

I agree with the others--that was a great lesson for me to remember. I need to be happy and content in the "now."