Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Addicted

It has been quite a few seasons since I watched American Idol. I saw the first and second seasons religiously, loved it, and then life took over, and I lost interest. I listened to other people rant and rave about it through the last few years, and even watched the last couple shows of last season. This year, I tossed the idea around in my head as to if I wanted to get hooked this year. I watched it last night. I know that I may be a little partial, given that the first show was taped in Phoenix, and I found myself scanning the crowds, to see if I recognized anyone. Nope. But even with that, I really was entertained, impressed by some great talent, and laughing my head off at a few of the crazies that walked through the audition process. I am really liking that Stevie girl, and really disgusted by the bikini chick. Hello, and we say scank?!?! She doesn't have the talent, what the heck is she doing "going to Hollywood"? Oh yeah.... the guys were drooling over her body... well, at least we know that sex sells. Yuck. I did not watch tonight's show. I figure I will tune in again after all the silly audition shows are over, and the real talent and finalists are on stage.

Now, on to other things... tonight we had a few people over for dinner, dessert, and a bit of babysitting. Try and follow.... Davids brother Ben's old roommate from NAU and his wife and their 5 month old baby girl came to Snowflake to do a session at the temple. We were asked through Ben to watch their baby while they went, and I agreed. They are really nice people, funny, and conversation flowed well. Eva, Mathan and their girls came too. It was a good night. So, you guys are always welcome anytime you come back through Snowflake!

Dinner was a success. I don't know why I get all stressed out when I host things. I have never been much of a hostess, and would prefer not to be one. I enjoy going to parties, not throwing them. But, tonight was different. I planned, prepared, and pulled off a pretty good evening, if I say so myself. I borrowed a very good chicken enchilada recipe from my friend Stacie's blog, and it turned out fabulous. I made brownies, had ice cream, and Eva brought some yummy cookies. The kids had fun, the babies were well-behaved, and everyone left happy. Although stuffed animal Curious George will be lonely for a few days without baby Gwena to hold him! =)

I feel like I am finally taking control of my life a bit. I am feeling more organized, in control, and more at peace lately. It is a good feeling. I am happy that 2009 has brought with it, some reasonable resolutions. I am feeling great about my progress. Life is good right now, and I can't complain, it would be very ungrateful.

2 comments:

Christine said...

It's funny. I guess I started out the year with the cleaning urge too. And so far I've been pleased with the results. :) Hooray for that! I am a pile person, so I guess my number one resolution this year is to get rid of my piles! :)
I love American Idol! But this year I'm frustrated. The last 2 years I've watched it the following day on YouTube because we don't have cable. Well, Fox must be patrolling YouTube now because I can't watch it anymore. I'm way bummed.

Stacie said...

I'm glad to hear the enchilada recipe did you well! I haven't added any recipes for a long time....I should do that! Anyway, thanks for the updates! I don't know how you find time to do it with all your kiddos, but I enjoy reading them!