Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ushering in 2009!!!

I can't believe it is 2009 already! To bring in this New Year we all went over to David's parents house and had lots of fun! My camera is yet again having fits, so no pictures, sorry. We had sandwiches, lots of snacks, and even a fondue pot with melted chocolate and caramel. YUM! We all played games; Scum (I was the president, the whole time!!!), Apples to Apples (David's sister Anna won that one!) and Trivial Pursuit (it was girls against boys, and the girls won!). We all celebrated the new year a few hours earlier, and got all our kids back home and in bed by 10:30pm. It was a late night, and a nice morning, since they all slept past 8 am! By the way, that is unheard of in this house!!! I figure that I am going to post a couple of New Years Resolutions, so I have the motivation, since the whole world wide web has access to them... =)

So here goes nothin'---
  1. Read my Book of Mormon cover to cover at least once this year.
  2. Say my morning and night personal prayers.
  3. Be a more patient, loving, involved mommy.
  4. Get this darn house organized.
  5. Be better at keeping up on my usually messy house.

Now, I realize that only like 2% of people accomplish their resolutions past about 6 weeks in, so that is why I have kept it short and sweet, and given myself some breathing room. Wish me luck!! Have a great year, with a great start!

2 comments:

Mel's Family said...

Great resolutions Valerie...Happy New Year!

SJ said...

Your resolutions sound like the ones I need to make! Still working on mine...