Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ironic laundry

I have been thoroughly enjoying the wonderfully warm weather today (72 degrees!!!). I have a touch of sunburn (which is inevitable...since I am fair skinned and red headed...) and a happier, more peaceful feeling then I have had in a long time. I love what sunshine and warmth does for my psyche.

I have done lots of laundry and hung out all the clothes on the line in the backyard, to dry in this sunshine. I watered both the front and back lawns, and sprayed some of those blossoming weeds with weed killer, AND treated the entire house with some bug spray stuff. I love getting ready for spring and summer.... it makes me smile just thinking about it. =)

The kids have had a blast today, playing in the backyard, getting dirty in the sandbox, and building a "fort" out of Davids' sawhorses that are back there. Lunch was served on a blanket on the back lawn, and we all had a good time having a picnic.

There is definitely a sense of irony though.... all my laundry I have done today is long sleeved, jeans, sweaters, etc. It just feels weird to be hanging blanket sleepers out to dry on such a glorious day. I keep crossing my fingers that the weather will stay this nice, and not turn back to winter again =)!

1 comment:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I am crossing my fingers too. The kids and I went on a nice little walk around the block that took us at least 30-40 mins. I too love this time of year.