Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Looking Forward

The surgery went good, David did great, and he is now resting quietly in the bedroom. I am so glad that things went well, and that he is home comfortably sleeping. I admit that I was more nervous then he was, and the wait to hear how things were going back behind those big metal doors felt like an eternity. I tried to kill time watching TV and reading magazines, but I can't remember a thing I read or watched. It was such a relief to see him be wheeled back into the room where I was waiting (aka... pacing).


Well, enough about me!!! Here is my tough guy.......


BEFORE:


AFTER:

Yeah, he doesn't even know about that second picture. He was still asleep.... The big "mustache mask" on his face is to catch the blood/drainage from his nose (sorry, TMI, too much info!=) ). He gets to wear that for at least 24 hours or so. He goes back to the doctor on Friday to remove some gauze packing in his nose, and scheduale another cat scan. Then we should know if we need to go back for a second round or not. Hopefully not.

My wonderful mother-in-law watched my kids very early this morning, got Nathan off to school, and was so sweet after we got home. The love of a mother is amazing. We love her so much for all she does for us and our kids! My mom is showing up Friday afternoon to truck my kids to Mesa for a few days, and for that I am awfully grateful. I think this recovery time will be a little longer then we had hoped. I will be going down to Mesa next Tuesday or Wednesday to pick them up and have a short visit. YEAH!!

Although Davids surgery wasn't life threatening, I felt conflicted in "looking forward" to things. I am so blessed to have had everything work out well, and have a few days alone at home to baby my hubby, and then a day or two in Mesa to visit with my family.

Looking forward to life is looking better every minute. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't check your blog for a couple of days and what happens? Something big! I should have checked so I could've been praying too! Glad surgery went well and I hope recovery is going good! Take care!!! Love, Aunt Elynn

SJ said...

Glad the surgery went well! That's nice that you have family close by to take care of your kids -- what a blessing!

Sandy Ballard said...

So happy to know that he is home and doing well. I hope that the recovery goes by fast. Let me know if you guys need anything.

klutzy k said...

ha ha, i must be my mother's daughter! i guess i'll just be praying for a speedy and awesome recovery! :D

love you guys! --kimberly

ps valerie, you need to come down to the gila valley with david next time! maybe to check out the temple? ;)