Monday, February 2, 2009

Updates of our life....

Just a little update of last week....

Last Tuesday I went to a Relief Society activity at the church and crammed into the kitchen to watch and learn how to make bread, and eat yummy soups and breads too! I have always wanted to be the type that makes her own bread, and I have failed up to now. I grew up on homemade 100% whole wheat bread, made with love by my mom. It would be nice to do that for my kids. I have never made bread, if you don't count banana bread. =) So, I found a great, EASY recipe, that I don't need a fancy Bosch or anything strange to make it, so I am going to give it a try. I have yet to, so we shall see how determined I am on this one.

David got called and happily volunteered to go camping with the Young Men in our ward. He is not even in Young Men's anymore! He sure loves the boys in this ward... So, Friday afternoon he took off camping with our friend Bridger, his son Saxon and the young men. BUT, every last one of them backed out and didn't end up going! So Bridger and Saxon, and David and Nathan decided to go anyway, since they were packed and prepared already. So they had a good time Klondiking with two young boys (3 and 6) for a father and son type trip. It worked out okay, because David has been promising Nathan a camp out for at least a month now. It was COLD!! But they took a little heater, lots of wool blankets, drank lots of hot chocolate, and stayed toasty warm.

Speaking of Nathan, he is pretty bummed already to have lost his best friend up the street. They just moved to St. Johns, and I don't know what Nathan is going to do without Jace around. And neither am I! They were attached at the hip practically, and sure got along well, and I am going to miss Megan terrible too! Good people, that is for sure.

I have spent today recovering from the weekend, doing a general house clean, and enjoying the kids as they are OUTSIDE today in the nice weather, playing with the neighborhood girls. I love nice days, and it makes me terribly im-patient for spring to come, and then glorious summer! I love the heat, and can't wait for it to come again.

We have a pretty busy week coming up. David has decided to do something about his nose. For those of you that don't know.... David has not been able to breath through his nose, for as long as he can remember. So, on Wednesday morning he is going in for a pretty big surgery, to remove the over-sized polyps that have blocked his nasal passages for the last 20 years or so. He is excited, I am excited, and we are both a little nervous too. =} Hopefully as a result, he will be able to breath clearly, finally be able to smell, stop snoring so loudly, and his sleep apnea will diminish greatly. It is not a clear 100% fix, but we hope it will help him out a lot.

And in other big-ish news, because Davids down time will be quite a while, my mom and dad have graciously offered to take the kids (yes, all of them) to Mesa for a few days! I will need to be a pretty diligent nurse for the first 3-5 days of Davids recovery, so having the kids out from underfoot, and in a warmer, fun place like grandmas is great! I am honestly looking forward to a few days to myself too! I already have a list about a mile long of things I want to get done while the house is generally quiet next week. We shall see how good of a patient David is, and how much work I will actually get done around here. I might just enjoy a nap or two, or ten! =)

So there is a update, too long yes, but anywho.... I will blog again after Wednesday, and put a picture up of David, post-surgery....It should be good! Please pray for David, that his surgery will go well, and his recovery too!

4 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

You will all be in our prayers. I hope that all goes well with the surgery. Let us know if you need ANYTHING. I hope you get lots of naps in:)

Sandy Ballard said...

good luck to Dave on the surgery. I hope that he is easy to take care of so you can get things done and some good naps in. Let me know if I can help you with anything. If you need a meal on Wedn. night let me know.

Mel's Family said...

You have alot going on. I'm glad you get a break from the kiddos while taking care of hubby. I'm here if and when you need anything...you will be in our prayers too.

Stacie said...

I have such fond memories of your mom's whole wheat bread, straight from the oven, with butter and honey. Yum! Do you think she would share the recipe with me? I have made a goal to learn how to bake bread this year.

Good luck with David's surgery. His current state sounds dreadful! Hopefully any improvement is better than where he is now. Keep us posted!