Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heber Cabin II

My family and I just returned from our Barton Family Vacation. We went to the same cabin in Heber that we did last October. It is a HUGE, fun place. You would NEVER get bored there. I spent most of my days chasing, running and keeping tabs on Jay. There are many sets of stairs, and he hasn't quite mastered going down them. He gets up okay, but would flip end-over-end if left to his own devices coming back down. It was a pretty big job. Next time we go again he should be well-versed on stair safety... then hopefully I will have a bit more fun and get more involved in the game playing.

The kids got a chance to wander and roam pretty freely, and had a great time playing with the "Mesa cousins". There was a afternoon where it hailed/ snowed, and the kids had a blast. It was funny to me to see how excited everyone got, even the adults, seeing a little snow fall! I guess I am used to it. When you live in Mesa, snow is something you hear about, not see. But, it was fun to watch all the kids and some of the daddys out playing in the snow. The weather warmed up nicely, and was actually quite warm this morning as we were packing up. I always have fun being around my sisters and brother again. I miss being around them more, since I am the only "Barton" that lives outside of Mesa. Oh well...

My kids all began getting runny noses and coughs, and so by the time I loaded up the car this morning everyone but Aubrey looked sick as dogs. I haven't slept very well the last couple nights, that is for sure! I guess the benefit of Spring Break coming in a couple days, is that Nathan won't have to miss school if he gets worse.... But who wants to be sick on their school break???!!?? Poor kids.

David allowed me to have a two hour nap a while ago. What a good guy.... he must have seen how TiReD I was.....

No comments: