Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Playing "single mom"...

David has left for three days camping/hiking at Reaves Ranch. I am on day #2 right now and am doing relatively well. Last night was a LONG, patience-losing evening, but I got a pretty good nights sleep, and the kids have behaved a bit better so today has gone good.

David loves doing this kind of stuff, so when his friend Bridger called and asked him to go with him and the Young Men, he was more then happy to say yes. You would think he was still in YM with all the camp outs and activities he attends! He sure loves the youth and secretly wishes that he would be called to serve as an advisor yet again, and probably permanently!

One thing I have learned through playing "single mom" randomly while David is gone, is just how grateful I am for him when he is here. He is the type that just jumps in and does things that need done. He is more then happy to change diapers, empty the dishwasher, or take a couple kids with him when he runs errands. He is a great dad, and a wonderful husband, and I miss him terrible! I am just glad I don't have to do this on a regular basis!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I feel the same as you, Brian is a jump in kind of dad, and I am reminded of how grateful I am for him when he has to go away for a couple days and I am left home with the kiddies! I know how you feel!

Mel's Family said...

Be brave...hope you are all feeling better!