Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You know your carpet needs cleaned when....

....your kids measure their jumping skills off the spots on the carpet!

So, Sunday night Nathan and Aubrey were jumping from the couch (yes, my kids jump on, and off the couch, so sue me) and Nathan jumps to the ground and said, "I got to this big spot!" Aubrey then takes her turn and jumps, and Nathan said, "You only got to this smaller spot, but I got to the big spot! Lets see if we can get to that spot over there next!"

I know my carpet is gross, and needs a serious cleaning job. I have tried my mother-in-laws steam cleaner, tried the carpet cleaning attachment set-up that came with my vacuum, and have even rented a Rug Doctor thing from Bashas, and I don't know why, but I refuse to call in the big boys to help. I know that it is just a matter of time before it is all ripped out and tiled in my family room anyway, so I rationalize by saying, 'Why spend all that money when we are just tearing it out anyway?' I feel like I do a really good job with vacuuming (at least once, and sometimes twice a day... yes, I love to vacuum), so shouldn't that count!??!

So, for now my kids have conveniently built-in markers on the floor to improve their jumping skills...... ={

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Yes! My carpet is awful too, and I keep saying that we'll be putting in new carpet soon, but truthfully, it won't be soon, it'll be a couple years........or never LOL

Sandy Ballard said...

That is why we only have carpet in only about 25% of our home. Maybe you can put more spots farther away for them to jump to, then one day you enter them into the long jump and go to the olympics. Way to prepare your children.

Christine said...

That's so funny! We put the cheaper version of a Pergo floor in our living room before we moved in, so that is easier to clean, and I love it.
But my boys are couch jumpers too. I don't mind the jumping off. It's just the jumping around on the couches that I mind. They've jumped holes right through that flimsy material under the cushions. I guess that's a good sign that we need new couches!

The Petersons said...

I actually just ordered slipcovers for my couch yesterday... yeah our couch has seen better days too....