Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back to the stone ages

After having a few people approach and/or call me about what is going on in June, I thought I would clear things up...

Think we are moving? Wrong. Think I am pregnant? Wrong again; plus don't you think I would already be as 'big-as-a-house' if I were due in June?!? I never meant to have it be such a big deal, because it is not. Curse the BOLD and ITALICS feature offered at Blogger! =) So, come June we are canceling our satellite, Internet and land line bundle that we have with Frontier (the phone company). See, no big deal. Yes, we will be going back to the stone ages with no TV and Internet again, and we will just be using my cell phone as the home number. And for those of you concerned, I still have access to the Internet, but it won't be at our home, and we won't have to pay for it, so I can still blog! (just not as often) =) All I can say is, it is time to dust off all those DVDs!

It is in an effort to save money, and also limit the time that we waste in front of the computer and TV. I am not looking forward to the change, but we don't really have a choice, and heck, less the two years ago we didn't have TV or Internet, and we were just fine!

More quality time with each other while saving money.... I'll take that any day. (note: this is a better use of italics!)

2 comments:

Eva said...

Good for you! We don't have tv and I think is't a major blessing. I also waste so much time on the computer it's silly. Really, in the end I'm going to be amazed/ashamed by the percentage of my life that I wasted entertaining myself!

Christine said...

You are brave! It's silly that that should be brave, but all of it is indeed way too time-consuming. We don't have cable, but Jeremy has been wanting to turn off the internet and land line phone. But I just don't think I want to be wasting my minutes on prank calls and telemarketers. That and I'd have to change my phone number with a billion people, and blah, blah, blah. And I'd have to go to Jeremy's Mom's house to use the internet. At the same time, we've survived fine without the internet before. I go back and forth with this one all the time.