Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

It has ended up being a great day today. I was a little bummed about myself as a mother this morning, but all is well now... So, David and I got the kids to bed a little early last night, and both sat down to watch 'The 10 Commandments'. It has been an Easter tradition with me, and when David mentioned it was on I thought we should watch it. So, about the time the Pharaoh freed the Hebrews (when I was going to get the baskets loaded up and the house straightened a bit), we both fell asleep. So David woke me up at about 2 am this morning, and we stumbled to bed. Yeah- no baskets, house still a mess....

We woke up this morning, and my first though was literally "OH CRAP, I didn't get the baskets done!!!" The kids were up and going, and luckily were not expecting baskets upon waking up, so that is good. I slyly got the baskets filled, and as we left for church, I was the last one out, and lined the baskets up on the couch. Yes, not really the tradition, but it worked out okay, and hey, my kids were not hyped up on sugar at church!!! (unlike most of the Primary today!-yikes)

We are doing our annual Easter Egg Hunt, dinner and Family Home Evening out at Davids parents house tomorrow. His brother and family are coming to town from Provo and I am excited to meet my newest nephew Hyrum for the first time! (He was born on Christmas Eve and I have only seen him in pictures). I will take pictures of this years hunt tomorrow, but here are a few from last year.... We are coloring eggs tonight for the hunt. It is crazy to see how much has changed in just a year; new kitchen, older kids, etc. Betsy looks SO dang cute!

Yup, that is David with Betsy. I love her basket. Jay's is just like hers, but in more manly colors.

Have a Very Happy Easter

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Happy Easter! We colored eggs on Friday night, Graham liked it, but he had the most fun squishing all of them in his hands, he'd squish them and then laugh and laugh!