Friday, May 15, 2009

17 months ago...

Just 17 months ago, my last and final baby was born. Such a sweet day it was. I love that little boy we named Jay Clayton.
Here he is now. I took this picture just moments ago, and can't believe how big he is and how fast time has flown. I keep trying to convince myself that he is still a baby, but these last few weeks the truth has come out... he is a toddler now. It is a bittersweet thing for me. I will never hold an infant again, I will never be able to cuddle a fresh-from-heaven baby again. And my sweet Jay is growing up, and I can't stop it. BUT, on the flip-side; I love the boy he is growing into. He is incredibly curious, quite destructive, and always toddling behind his older siblings. He has such a sweet laugh, bright blue eyes, and a very outdoor-sy personality. He ALWAYS wants to be outside. He has a built-in attraction to balls, and is always carrying or throwing one (or something else...)
We love our Jay, and I can't wait to see how much more he will grow and learn and be. He has a very special place in our home and in his mommy's heart.

4 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

AAWW--he is so sweet. Thanks for having him:)

Mel's Family said...

He is a cutie alright!

Amanda said...

Yep, so cute, and it made me cry, because I don't think I'll ever have a fresh from heaven baby to hold again either.

Amy said...

Even though Hyrum is "fresh from heaven"--at least less than 5 months ago fresh-- he is a chunk! He can now wear clothes that are 12-18 months! He weighs upwards of 18 pounds and is so solid and thick that he can barely reach his hand around his chest to put it in his mouth! How did I get such a big baby?!?! Enjoy Jay even though he may be getting big to you, he's still a little one.
Loved the picture of Jay! I can't wait until he and Isaac can play again. Isaac often rehearses your kids names whenever we say the name David or Val. The most often names he says are "Bessy" and "Aubey." :) ~Amy